Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clouds blocked the sun over the Peake Household

Tragedy today. Lives lost today. Souls gone...but not forgotten.

I woke up today to see Facebook lighting up with comments of how sad people were, how shocked people were, how today was such a sad day for the Pelion/Lexington community. I had no idea what was going on. However, the more I began to research the less I wanted to know.  Reading about how a girl you went to school with at one point or time in your life and her two young children were killed, for no reason, no reason at all....well why would I want to know more. Why would I want to hear about how this object which called himself  "a man" gunned down a single mother of 27, her 9 yr old son and 6 yr old daughter. Why would I want to read about how he must have been depressed, like any excuse could justify this "mans" actions. Why would I want to learn that this 9 yr old boy knew what was coming as he (from what authorities think) listened to both his mother and sister be shot in their beds....this boy who tried to defend himself from this "man"
I sit here and cry because I couldnt imagine Braxton, my beautiful little boy, fight to defend himself at 9 yrs old with me already gone, not able to help him. There are no words...I am unable to fathom. I pray that the father of those to precious children were there to great them with open arms and he has been waiting for them for years. I pray that the mother felt no pain and was able to find her love in heaven. The only slight comfort I get from this entire story is the hope and belief that they all found each other in heaven and are at peace.
I sit here and wonder if what I heard was true about this "man?" If he really has a daughter he so cowardly left behind. I pray that she is able to survive through this all. Whether she is young and unable to recognize what is going on or whether she is older and may have to battle through many years of criticism from other people who have nothing but hatred towards her father.
God tells me, tells us rather, to love one another and to cling to what is good and shy away from what is not. God tells us to love those who wouldn't love us becuase that is what he would do. No matter what we have done or are doing, he still loves us. But how....how do you love a "man" who gathered so much hatred in his heart and soul that he would feel compelled to pull the trigger of a gun on 3 innocent souls...2 of which probably had NOTHING to do with his feelings of hatred and dispair. How!!!! God help me but I don't know how I can possibly find forgivness for a "man" who can do such things. I don't know whether or not I am just as hateful for finding some comfort in knowing that he, more than likely, is spending the rest of eternity in a HELL like no other. It almost scares me how much that thought brings me to some sort of small peace.
I praise the effort of the friend who tried to help prevent this tragedy from happening. So many others would never have even picked up the phone to call 911 let alone follow this "man" to find out where he was going. Please don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Events such as what happened to Amanda make us stop, even if just for a moment, to count our blessings, to hug and kiss our children and be grateful for the family we have around us that love and support us. But be honest...in a few weeks, maybe even a few days, you will forget how much of a blessing you have (in one shape or form) and when you do....STOP and count your blessings again. Because if we can learn anything from today is that people of the world operate under their own free will and sometimes that free will chooses the path of HATE. And when HATE arises and tragedy occurs...STOP and count your blessings. You have at least one...find it and  hang on to it.

Be a peace with each other. Life is too short....

No comments:

Post a Comment