Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Round Up

What a crazy crazy weekend!

We had two birthday parties to go to and I am flat worn out!

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if Braxton hadn't of woken up at 2 and 3 am all week long and if I hadn't realized Saturday morning that I forgot to pay the car insurance...sheesh.

But....(back to the birthday parties)...who would have thought, just a few years ago, that a bunch of young couples with only a hand ful of children all together would end up (5 years later) with more children than we can keep up with. It was funny, at our one friends sons birthday party who has 3 levels to their home, someone joked saying that there are so many kids there than on each level of the house you could turn to a parent and say "Hey, my kid is down here can you keep an eye out" and have that same parent turn right around and say the same exact thing.

The other birthday party was at Monkey Joes and since Jason refuses to get on the bouncie toys, it is all me. And WOW....Who came up with the steps on the bouncie houses? You go to step on them and they fold in, thus causing me to fall on my butt with Braxton in tow...:( I laugh because when we would finally get to the top and I would slide Braxton down on his own...he is so lite that he would flip and smack face first into the barrier at the bottom...he loved it though

I wouldn't change any of it though.

Even though Saturday didn't turn out the exact way I wanted it..Sunday sure was amazing!  It started off in church were my dear friend Keke performed the sermon! KEKE....you are AWESOME and I am so proud of you! His sermon made me think of all the distractions in my life that don't allow me to see or hear what God is trying to tell me. How we turn items such as phones, magazines and music into "evil" distractions. The items themselves are not evil....we make them that way. He also said that it is time to pay it forward...no more talking about it or thinking about...time to "do about it"  So many people out in the world need us, even if we are struggling ourselves, they still may need us. Sometimes it is necessary to put your struggles aside long enough to help someone else who may be struggling with the same thing....and who knows, us helping that person may be what helps us!  The world is in desperate need of saving but it won't get done until we step and get to saving! And who better than Gods children!

It is very hard to Let go and Let God...but you have to try....try!

I hope everyone has a great week! And I will see you in a blog or two...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment